Student Finance 2020
MEDDWL MYND I BRIFYSGOL? PAID Â GADAEL I ARIAN DY ATAL.
Click on the downloadable brochure on the left for more information.
2020 to 2021: Help students get ready to apply for student finance!
Our full‐time undergraduate applications are expected to open at the end of March!
We’ve created a toolkit to help you get your students ready to apply for student finance. You’ll be able to embed the toolkit's content on your own channels.
The toolkit is available to download now from the ‘Resources’ section of the SFW Practitioners site. The toolkit contains:
• our ‘Student finance explained’ film
• key messages to use on your social media channels
• a button which directs students to our mailing list
Remember to sign up for an update for when applications open!
You should encourage students to sign up for an alert when our full‐time undergraduate applications open! They can do this at the Student Finance Wales website.
For further information on:
• Tuition Fees, Living Costs, Bursaries and Scholarships
• NHS funding
• Student loan repayments
• Application information
• Managing your money
Student Finance Wales: EMA Application
Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)
Are you waiting for GCSEs or studying in Sixth From?
With EMA you could get £30 a week to help with the costs of your education
Deadline 31 August 2020 - The final date we can accept your application information for you to be eligible for EMA in academic year 2019/20. (We welcome applications in Welsh. This won’t lead to a delay in our response.)
Monmouthshire Further Education Trust Fund
Monmouthshire Further Education Trust Fund provides financial support to individuals from the Gwent area (specifically the County of Monmouthshire as it existed in 1956) who are pursuing further/higher education or training.
Funding can be used for:
- costs associated with entering into further/higher education including equipment, materials, overseas travel, and course/exam fees
- costs associated with preparing to enter a trade or profession including equipment, materials and training
- Applicants can apply for grants ranging between £50—£500.
Successful applicants will be paid upon proof of enrolment of their stated course.