Welsh, Spanish, Art, RE, English, French are all doing special competitions for entries into the SJHS Eisteddfod on March 13th 2020. Please make sure your entries are in time for judging to receive dome great prizes.
Cyngor Cymreig 2020
Our SJHS Welsh students want to encourage our community to use Welsh more commonly around the school. They believe we should have lots of opportunities to use Welsh outside of our Welsh lessons too.
They meet every Thursday and are made up of students from each year group.
The projects we are working at the moment are:
- Welsh reading corner in the library
- Making our website fully bilingual
- Delivering Welsh lessons to teachers to help them with their Welsh during ‘Tweak it Tuesday’ sessions.
- Creating bilingual posters for around the school
- Welsh praise system
Phrase of the Fornight:
Can I have...
Welsh Praise System
The pupil with the most Welsh praises at the end of each term will receive a prize.
Helpwyr Hanner Tymor
Our Cyngor Cymreig has kick-started the Helpwr Y Tymore again this year.
One member of each form is picked especially for their hard work and continued dedication to the Welsh language. Each member fulfills their duties for a half term and then a new member is chosen.
J - Michelle Esiri
J - Trey M
J - Ellie White
- Encourage the use of Welsh around the school
- Encourage pupils and teachers to use more Welsh in lessons
- Help make Welsh more simple and easy to use for the teachers
"Since having the helpwr hanner tymor there is so much more Welsh being used around the school"
Year 8 pupil
"I never really knew a lot of words in Welsh so I didn't use them during my lesson, but with the help of the helpwr hanner tymor I now know what I am doing and use Welsh all the time" Science teacher