Please click on the drop-down menu below to see up to date events:
careers events (local & online)
Your Future Festival: 21-25 June 2021 : Years 9, 11 and 12
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has left us all concerned and vulnerable, and you may be wondering about what your options are. But, we understand that employment opportunities, education and training is important to you, even more so now than ever. So, we’re working with former BBC Radio 1 DJ, Huw Stephens, and the Welsh Government to bring a virtual open day to you.
Your Future Festival is an opportunity to understand your options after school, whether that’s sixth form, college, university, or the world of work.
You may know what you want to do next, but want some guidance on how to get there, or you might just need to hear all the options available to you, before making those all-important decisions. So, if you need a helping hand deciding on your next steps in education, or simply want to understand more about your options, and how you make those dreams happen, book your ticket to Your Future Festival today.
To find out how you can book your ticket for Your Future Festival click here or use the button above.
|Follow Working Wales on Facebook||@workingwales on Twitter||Call 0800 028 4844|
If you require extra support to access the Your Future Festival, or require any of the resources in a different format, please let us know your needs before the event. Email us at email@example.com.
Careers Discovery Week: 5-9 July 2021
We have over 100 employers participating in the Career Discovery week, bringing real world of work experiences and information to young people. Companies including Admiral, CGI, DVLA, ExxonMobil, JCP Solicitors, Natwest, NHS, S4C, Tata Steel and many more....
Click here for a full list of contributors and a downloadable timetable.
- The timetable has been planned to provide a cohesive and in-depth learning experience for pupils
- However, you are able to choose sessions to watch individually if a full week is not possible.
- You can access the Live sessions after the initial start time or at a later date, however this will stop the interactivity/ chat function capacity for viewers
- All pre-recorded sessions can be accessed at any time.
open days 2021-2022
CAREERS WALES BULLETINS
Careers Wales Bulletin Wk4
Year 9-13 Parents
It doesn’t matter what course you are doing. You need to know what options you have when you leave school.
Year 8 and 9 Pathways
Llyfryn Cynllunio ar gyfer y Dyfodol i Rieni 2020
Careers Wales are here to help you with access to information, advice and guidance that will help you to support them to consider all of the options available, so they can make informed choices about the career path that is right for them. This includes supporting them to:
- Choose the subjects they study;
- Understand more about continuing in education;
- Generate ideas about jobs;
- Understand more about apprenticeship opportunities;
- Find out more about the world of work.
Please see the booklet above which explains more about our services and how we deliver them. We would encourage you to read this and discuss this with your child.
Year 10 and 11 Pupils
Careers Wales can help you plan your career, prepare to get a job, find and apply for the right apprenticeships, courses and training. To learn more here about the options available to you at the end of Year 11 options click button below.
Year 12 and 13 Pupils
Careers Wales can help you plan your career, prepare to get a job, find and apply for the right apprenticeships, courses and training. To learn more here about your Post 17&18 options click button below.
NEW CAREERS WALES RESOURCES
Careers Wales has launched a series of new education resources. They are aimed to help you as a parent or guardian to help your child with their Pathways from home.
Employers and Career Advisers will deliver five webinars. The webinars will:
- Give you and your child an insight into careers in different sectors
- Provide information on how your child can achieve their career goals
- Include a lesson plan
UCAS LIVE Sessions:
We are pleased to support Careers Wales new website
"It's been a tough few weeks for us all and at Careers Wales we've been working hard to make sure we can still offer our vital career services digitally and over the phone to our many customers. I'm pleased to say, we have risen to the challenge and in addition to being available over the phone, via email, webchat and video we are launching some new services over the next couple of weeks."
|Click on this video for an introduction to
Newport Sixth Form Careers Collaboration
|Click on this video for a introduction to
Ms N Bullen, your SHGS/Careers Wales contact.
For young people and their parents/guardians:
- We have recently launched our new Wales-wide live chat with expert career advisers. This service is available Monday to Friday and is available for young people in schools and colleges, parents/guardians and those children who are normally home-schooled. It's an opportunity for them to discuss any concerns they have about the next steps and their future options.
- We are in the process of developing our home-schooling resources. These are due to go live around Easter and will include a series of sector-specific webinars and lesson plans available to watch and download from our website.
To help adults with their employability needs, we are promoting vacancies on behalf of our partners and ensuring we are communicating the redundancy support we can provide to customers during this difficult time.
Over the coming weeks and months, we will be continuing to review and adapt our service delivery to ensure those who need our services can access them and get the support they need.
Please keep visiting our website and our social media channels for the latest information about accessing our services.
If you would like to get in touch with me, I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive, Careers Wales
Contact us by phone: 0800 028 4844
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm, Friday: 9am to 4:30pm
Calls can take up to 30 minutes. Before you call, think about what you want to talk about. It can help to have a pen and paper handy if you want to write down information. Or, request a callback.
Contact us by Webchat
Chat to an adviser using instant messaging.
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm, Friday: 9am to 4:30pm
Contact us by Email
Email us and we will answer within 2 working days.
Click here to see employment, apprenticeship or further education opportunities.